Tripura, 22 June, 2012
Improved crop varieties as recommended by Tripura State Seed Sub Committee, Govt. of Tripura are ceremonially released by His Excellency the Governor of Tripura, Dr. D.Y. Patil here today in a programme organised by ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Lembucherra, Tripura (West). The crop varieties as recommended are for food and nutritional security in Tripura. The crop varieties approved for State Release are as follows:
- Naveen Selected from the cross Sattari x Jaya developed by CRRI having an average yield of 5-5.5 t/ha in khariff and 5.5-6.0 t/ha in boro.
- TRC-2005-I (Gomati Dhan) selected from the cross Pyzum x BPT 5204 having an average yield of 5.8-6.0 t/ha in kharif and 6-6.4 t/ha in boro season.
- TRC-2005-3 selected from the cross Jagannath x Jaya having an average yield of 5.4-5.6 t/ha in kharif season and 5.6-5.8 t/ha in boro season.
- TRCP-9 (DMR 7 x T 163) with an average yield of 1900 to 2300 kg/ha.
- TRC T-1-1-5-1 selected the cross (YSP-842 x YST-8501) x SS-I with an average yield of 900 kg/ha (42.6% oil).
- TRC Singhnath selected from local Singhnath germplasm with an average yield of 400-450 q/ha having resistance to bacterial wilt.
- TRC Bholanath selected from local Bholanath germplasm with an average yield of 400-450 q/ha having resistance to bacterial wilt.
Shri Joygobinda Debroy, Minister, Science and Technology, Government of Tripura; Shri Subhash Chandra Debnath, Sabhadhipati, West Tripura Zilla parishad; Shri Haricharan Sarkar, MLA; Dr. S.V. Ngachan, Director, ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Meghalaya and Dr. M. Datta, Joint Director, ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Tripura Centre participated in the programme. Around 300 farmers from West Tripura District, Khowai and Sephaijawala participated and received improved seed from the dignitaries. Dr S.P. Das, Sr. Scientist presented a vivid description of the crop varieties released at the Centre. Similar seed distribution programmes were also conducted in other districts, South Tripura, North Tripura and Dhalai through Krish Vigyan Kendras.
(Source: ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Tripura Centre, P.O. Lemucherra