Intellectual Property &Technology Management (IP&TM) Unit
ICAR endeavours to contribute towards technology-led growth of Indian agriculture through greater partnerships with different stakeholders
The Intellectual Property and Technology Management Unit in ICAR is headed by Assistant Director General (IP&TM). It oversees all matters related to intellectual properties and technology transfer/commercialization.
ICAR recognises that a systematic management of its technology products and services while bringing commercial ethos in their transfer and realization at the user end would result in much-needed dividends for the nation. Therefore, the Council is slowly and steadily but comprehensively moving towards intellectual property management and technology transfer in an organized manner.
A decentralized three-tier IP management mechanism is institutionalized in ICAR w.e.f. 2nd October 2006.
- Individual institutes of ICAR are empowered and enabled to enter into licensing contracts or commercial agreements for the commercial transfer of ICAR technologies to the interested parties.
- A middle-tier consisting of five Zonal Technology Management & Business Planning and Development (ZTM&BPD) Units at IARI, New Delhi, IVRI, Izatnagar, CIRCOT, Mumbai, NIRJAFT, Kolkata and CIFT, Kochi is developed to facilitate serious business and strengthen public-private partnerships. These zonal units also project the ICAR technology profiles available at various ICAR institutes located in the respective zones.
- The central IP and technology management mechanism at ICAR Headquarters facilitates techno-legal and policy matters/concerns that may arise on case-to-case basis in the course of developing win-win relationships and also catalyzes public-private relationships at the central level.
- Streamlining transfer of ICAR knowledge and technology products through commercial, cooperative and open public routes.
- Joint intellectual property management support in collaborative projects
- Facilitation and advisories in techno-regulatory and policy matters related to intellectual property and technology management.
- Public-private partnerships in technology/know-how transfer and R&D.
Policy & Guidelines
ICAR encourages interested parties to enter into commercial ventures with ICAR technology and knowledge products and services as per the ICAR Guidelines for Intellectual Property Management and Technology Transfer/Commercialization.
Empanelment of patent attorneys' - Regarding.
Call for Partnerships
Interested parties desirous of accessing ICAR technologies and services in specific fields are encouraged to contact respective ICAR institutes, ZTM&BPD Units (at IARI/IVRI/CIRCOT/NIRJAFT/CIFT) and/or IP&TM Unit at ICAR HQ.