Significant weather observations (IMD)
- Dense fog has observed at isolated places over east Bihar and Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, Assam and shallow to moderate fog at isolated places over Delhi and Tripura in the morning hours of today.
- The images showing the latest satellite picture in figure. 1.
Main Weather Observations (IMD)
- Very light rain has occurred at isolated places over Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim and Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura and weather remained dry over rest of the country.
- Minimum temperatures are below normal (1.6 to 3.0°C) at many places over Konkan & Goa and Rayalaseema; at a few places over Haryana, Chandigarh & Delhi, Saurashtra and Kutch appreciably above normal (3.1 to 5.0°C) at many places over Coastal Odisha and Gangetic West Bengal; above normal (1.6 to 3.0°C) at most places over Jharkhand; at a few places over East Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, northeastern states and Coastal Andhra Pradesh and at isolated places over Jammu & Kashmir and near normal rest of the country.
- The lowest minimum temperature of 3.6°C has recorded at Narnaul (Haryana).
Weather warning during next 5 days (IMD)
- 03 February (Day 1): Dense fog very likely at isolated places over Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, west Assam and Tripura.
- 04 February (Day 2): Dense fog very likely at isolated places over west Assam and Tripura.
- 05, 06 and 07 February (Day 3): No weather warning.
- The weather outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 3 to 10 February 2016 forecasted (Provided by Real-Time Weather Forecasts from NOAA/NCEP collected from http://monsoondata.org/wx2/) rain/thundershower would occur over northwest India and northeastern states. (Fig. 2).
Agricultural activities (AICRPAM-CRIDA)
Dry and cool weather prevailing in the Mohanpur region of West Bengal state during past few days. Maximum temperature ranged between 21.0 to 24.6 °C and minimum temperature ranged between 6.5 to 10.5 °C.
- Boro rice: Start transplanting of rice at 20×15 cm spacing. Ensure 5 cm standing water in the field during transplanting. If the soil is zinc deficient, apply 2 kg zincsulphate per bigha of land.
- Potato: In this weather condition, occurrence of late blight is being reported from many areas. Farmers are advised to keep a close observation. To control the disease, apply 2.0 gm Dimethomorf + 1.0 gm Mancozeb per lt of water. If required, apply the same again after 10 to 12 days.
- Wheat: Tillering stage keep the field weed free. For timely sown crop, apply irrigation during panicle initiation. For late sown crop, specially, after 20th December, apply 1st top dressing.
- All gourd: Vegetative stage due to forecasted weather condition, attack of downy-mildew may be prevalent. Apply 2 gm Crilaxyl or Ridomil per lt of water during late afternoon.
(Source:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 03-02-2016 05:35 PM
Weather Based Agro Advisory 2014