Agricultural activities (AICRPAM-CRIDA)
Cloudy weather and light rainfall has been received in Ranchi region of Jharkhand state during this week. Daily Maximum and minimum temperatures are in the range of 33.2 to 40.3°C and 22.5 to 25.3 ºC respectively.
- Rice: Timely transplanted crop is at grain filling stage, and this stage is sensitive of moisture stress. Hence, maintain the water level in the field.
- Ginger/ Turmeric: Farmers, who are going to cultivate ginger or turmeric are advised to prepare the land and sow the seed immediately. Before sowing, a light irrigation is needed in case of deficit soil moisture. The improved and recommended variety of ginger is Bardhwan, Suruchi, Nadiya, Suprabha etc. and of turmeric is Rajendra Sonia. After sowing, mulch the field with straw/leaves etc. which not only reduces weeds but also conserve soil moisture. 8 quintal seeds along with 80 quintal compost or cow dung manure, 80 kg Urea, 120 kg SSP (Single Super Phosphate) and 40 kg Muriate of Potash are required for cultivation in one acre. Apply full dose of compost and Muriate of Potash and half dose of Urea and S.S.P. at the time of final field preparation. Remaining part of Urea and S.S.P. should be applied after 60 and 90 days of sowing in two split doses. Seeds may be sown at a spacing of 10 cm (plant to plant) and 40 cm (row to row). Before sowing, seeds must be treated with fungicide. For seed treatment 2 gm of Bavistin mix in 1 litre of water and seeds may be soaked for one hour in the solution.
- Vegetable: Irrigate different vegetables at the regular interval. Before irrigation, weeding is essential.
- Cattle: There is possibility of attack of Heat stroke in animals due to prevailing high day temperature. Hence, animals should be protected against intense heat and should not allow them to expose in sunlight during noon and avail fresh and plenty of water for drinking. If the animals suffering with heat stroke, they should be allow to bath, keep ice cube on their nose and head, and in extreme case, the medicine Avil should be injected @ 10 ml for adult, 5 ml for kids and 2 ml for goat.
- Green Manuring: To increase the soil fertility of Rice field, farmers may sow the green manure crops like Sunhamp, Dhaincha etc. The seed rate of both crop is 20-25 kg per acre.
Fruit trees: Select the suitable place for plantation of different fruit seedlings in rainy season and prepare/dug the pit and maintain the distance between pits as per requirement of fruit tree.
(Source:Email: email@example.com, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 24-05-2016 05:35 PM
Weather Based Agro Advisory 2014