Monsoon Watch (IMD)
- The withdrawal line of southwest monsoon continues to pass through Forbesganj, Ranchi, Raipur, Nagpur, Jalgaon, Veraval, Lat.21.0°N/Long. 65.0°E and Lat.21.0°N/Long. 60.0°E.
- The images showing withdrawal of southwest monsoon over India in figure. 1.
- The images showing the latest satellite picture in figure. 2.
Significant weather observations (IMD)
- Rain/thundershowers has occurred at most places over Kerala and Lakshadweep; at many places over Assam & Meghalaya and Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura; at a few places over Andaman & Nicobar Islands and at isolated places over Bihar, Gangetic West Bengal, Odisha, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Rayalaseema, North Interior Karnataka, Coastal Karnataka and Tamilnadu.
- Minimum temperatures are above normal by 2 to 3.0 °C at many places over Jammu & Kashmir and Uttarakhand; at a few places over Rajasthan, Assam & Meghalaya, Jharkhand, Gujarat and Konkan & Goa.
Weather Warning during next 5 days (IMD)
- 10 October: Heavy rainfall would occur at isolated places over Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura, Konkan & Goa and Kerala.
- 11 October : Heavy rainfall would occur at isolated places over Konkan & Goa.
- 12 October : Heavy rainfall would occur at isolated places over Tamilnadu.
- 13 October : Heavy rainfall would occur at isolated places over Kerala & Tamilnadu.
- The weather outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 9 to 17 October 2015 forecasted (Provided by Real-Time Weather Forecasts from NOAA/NCEP collected from http://monsoondata.org/wx2/) heavy rainfall over Coastal Karnataka and Kerala Konkan, Goa, Lakshadweep and North eastern states (Fig. 3).
Agricultural activities (AICRPAM-CRIDA)
Konkan region of Maharashtra
Rainfall situation during 01.10.2015 to 07.10.2015, Actual rainfall is 99.2 mm rainfall against the normal rainfall of 62.0 mm (60 % excess).
Contingency crop plan
- There is a possibility for incidence of rice stem borer, to control spray Quinolphos 1600 ml or Phenthoate 800 ml or Fenitrothion 800 ml in mix with 500 lit. of water per hector. Install pheromone traps for every 20-25 meter distance in rice field i.e. 20 traps per hector.
- To control Gundhi bug dusting of Methyl parathion dust @ 20 kg/ha or Chlorophyriphos 5 % dust @ 25 kg/ha or spray of Chlorophyriphos 20 EC @ 2.5 lit. or Oxydemeton-Methyl 20 EC @ 2.5 lit in 500 lit. Water per hector.
Dry weather observed in the entire state during this week. Most of kharif crops are harvested. Farmers are busy in field preparation for rabi crop sowing.
- Procure improved varieties of mustard (Bio-902, T-59, RH-30, PR-15 Laxmi, Pusa Agrini, ), Tamira (RTM-314, Narendra Tara) and gram (Pratap Chana-1, KAK-2, Dahod Yellow) for sowing on conserved moisture.
- Vacate the field and prepare for sowing of irrigated mustard and gram.
(Source:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 09-10-2015 05:45 PM
Weather Based Agro Advisory 2014