Details of action taken by KVKs in Zone V to help the farmers in monsoon preparedness and contingency crop planning
Crop Advisories for Kharif-2014: State-wise Contingency Plan/Measures
Horticultural Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Livestock Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Advisories for Fisheries for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Farm Mechanization: Dos and Don'ts for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Significant weather observations
- Dense fog has occurred at isolated places over Tripura and shallow fog has occurred at isolated places over Punjab, East Uttar Pradesh and Manipur during morning hours.
Main Weather Observations
- Rainfall: (From 0830 hours IST of yesterday to 0830 hours IST of today): Rain/thunder showers has occurred at a few places over Andaman & Nicobar Islands; at isolated places over Tamilnadu ,Kerala and Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim. Weather remained dry over rest parts of the country.
- The amount of rainfall (in cm) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today is: long Island-2.
- Minimum temperatures are below normal by 2-4°C at many places over Jharkhand, West Bengal & Sikkim, Odisha and Konkan & Goa; at a few places over Himachal Pradesh, East Uttar Pradesh, East Madhya Pradesh, Madhya Maharashtra & Andhra Pradesh and at isolated places over Punjab, Chhattisgarh & Vidarbha. They are above normal by 2-5°C at many places over Jammu & Kashmir, Rajasthan & West Madhya Pradesh; at a few places over Gujarat State; at isolated places over Uttarakhand, South Interior Karnataka and Andaman & Nicobar Islands and near normal over rest of the country.
- Kalpana-1: Cloud imagery of 0830 hours IST shows convective clouds over some parts of Jammu & Kashmir, south Tamilnadu, south Arabian Sea, Comorin area, south & central Bay of Bengal and Andaman Sea. Low/medium clouds are seen over Jammu & Kashmir, north eastern states and Peninsular India.
Weather Forecast for next 3 days (upto 0830 hours IST of 30th November, 2014)
- Slight rise in temperature over northwest India till tomorrow.
- Shallow fog would occur over some pockets of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Assam &Meghalaya and Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura during next 48 hours.
- Latest available satellite picture (Fig.1) indicates the current cloud condition across Indian region.
- The climate outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 27th November to 5th December 2014 (Fig.2). Rain/thundershowers would occur over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam &Meghalaya western Himalayan region, Konkan & Goa, Madhya Maharashtra, south Gujarat Region, Saurashtra, south peninsular India and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Weather Outlook for subsequent 4 days from 30th November to 4th December 2014
- Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over south peninsular India.
- Rain/thundershowers would occur at a few places over Konkan & Goa, Madhya Maharashtra, south Gujarat Region and Saurashtra.
- Rain/thundershowers would occur at isolated places over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam &Meghalaya and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- A fresh western disturbance would affect western Himalayan region from 30th November.
- Weather would be dry over rest of the country.
- Dry weather prevailed in Andhra Pradesh state during past few days. The maximum temperature ranged from 30.0 to 33.4°C and minimum temperature ranged from 19.0 to 22.0°C. Agricultural operations like threshing of bajra, harvesting of groundnut, cowpea, castor, plant protection in redgram, cowpea, protective irrigation to redgram and sowing of rabi groundnut crops are in progress. Low intensity of blast, stem borer in rice, black arm in cotton and helicoverpa redgram crops was noticed.
- Cold weather was prevailed in Rajasthan state during past few days. The maximum temperature was ranges from 28.8 to 30.5°C with mean value of 29.7°C which was above normal by 1.8°C and minimum temperature was ranged from 11.4 to 12.9°C with mean value of 12.1°C was above normal by 1.9°C. Agricultural operations like late sowing, irrigation in mustard, wheat and intercultural operations in rabi crops are in progress. No pests and diseases were noticed.
- Dry weather prevailed in Kerala state during past few days. The maximum temperature ranged from 30.0 to 32.4°C and minimum temperature ranged from 22.4 to 25.4°C. Agricultural operations like weeding and manuring in all the crops are in progress. Moderate intensity of leaf folder in paddy, sigatoka in banana, leaf fall in nutmeg, tea mosquito in cashew, pollu beetle in pepper and stem bleeding in coconut was noticed.
(Source:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 27-11-2014 06:08 PM