Details of action taken by KVKs in Zone V to help the farmers in monsoon preparedness and contingency crop planning
Crop Advisories for Kharif-2014: State-wise Contingency Plan/Measures
Horticultural Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Livestock Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Advisories for Fisheries for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Farm Mechanization: Dos and Don'ts for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
- The withdrawal line of southwest monsoon continues to pass through Jammu, Una, Bareilly, Kanpur, Nowgong, Ujjain, Vadodara, Porbandar, Lat.22°N/Long.65°E and Lat.22°N/Long.60°E.
- Yesterday, the southwest Monsoon was vigorous over South Interior Karnataka.
Main Weather Observations
- Rain/thundershowers has occurred at most places over Tamilnadu, Kerala and Coastal Karnataka; at many places over South Interior Karnataka, Uttarakhand, East Uttar Pradesh; at a few places over North Interior Karnataka, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Bihar and Assam & Meghalaya and at isolated places over Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Konkan & Goa, Madhya Maharashtra, Gujarat, West Bengal & Sikkim. Weather remained mainly dry / dry over rest parts of the country.
- The amounts of rainfall (1 cm or more) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today are:Coonoor-6; Shimoga & Kottayam-3 each; Gorakhpur, Rajkot, Goa & Panjim, Coimbatore, K. Paramathy, Valprai & Pamban-2 each;Car Nicobar, Ratnagiri, Honnavar, Madikeri, Chamrajnagar, Kozhikode, Kodaikanal, PalayanKottai, Tondi, Karaikal andAtiramapattinam-1each.
- Minimum temperatures are above normal by 2-4°C at most places over Jammu & Kashmir; at many places over Himachal Pradesh and Odisha; at a few places over East Rajasthan, North Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat Region, North Interior Karnataka and Gangetic West Bengal and at isolated places over Punjab, Haryana & Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Marathawada, Konkan& Goa, Telangana and Andaman & Nicobar Islands. They are below normal by 2-4°C at a few places over Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Maharashtra and at isolated places over Himachal Pradesh, West Rajasthan Sub Himalayan West Bengal &Sikkim, Assam & Meghalaya and Chhattisgarh and near normal over rest parts of the country.
- Kalpana-1: Cloud imagery of 0830 hours IST shows convective clouds over some parts of Kerala, Tamilnadu, southeast Bay of Bengal, Andaman sea, Comorin area and east central & south Arabian sea. Low/medium clouds are seen over rest parts of the country outside Punjab, Haryana & Delhi, Rajasthan, Vidarbha and Marathwada.
Weather Forecast for next 3 days (upto 0830 hours IST of 3rd October, 2014)
- Latest available satellite picture (Fig.1) indicates the current cloud condition across Indian region.
- The climate outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 30th September to 8th October 2014 (Fig.2). Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over South Interior Karnataka and Kerala.
- Withdrawal of southwest monsoon over India during 30th September 2014, (Fig. 3).
Weather Warning during next 3 days
- 30 September (Day 1): Heavy rainfall would occur at isolated places over South Interior Karnataka and Kerala.
- 01 October (Day 2): No weather warning.
- 02 October (Day 3): No weather warning.
- Light rainfall received in Kerala state during past few days. The maximum temperature ranged from 30.6°C to 32.0°C and minimum temperature ranged from 22.8°C to 24.8°C. Agricultural operations like weeding and manuring plants are in progress. Moderate intensity of sheath blight in paddy, quick wilt in pepper, pseudostem weevil in banana, leaf fall in nutmeg, aphids in vegetables, mahali in arecanut and mite in coconut was noticed.
- Dry weather prevailed in Rajasthan state during past few days. The maximum temperature was ranges from 31.8 to 34.0°C with mean value of 32.5°C which was above normal by 0.6°C and minimum temperature was ranged from 19.1 to 20.3°C with mean value of 19.8°C was below normal by 0.6°C. Agricultural operations like bird watching in maize and sorghum, picking of pods in pulses crops are in progress. No pests and diseases were noticed.
- Dry weather prevailed in Punjab state during past few days. The maximum temperature was ranges from 34.0 to 33.2°C and minimum temperature was ranged from 23.6 to 25.8°C. Agricultural operations like bird watching in maize and sorghum, picking of pods in pulses crops are in progress. No pests and diseases were noticed.
(Source:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 30-09-2014 06:30 PM