Light to moderate rainfall occurred over Bihar state during past few days. Maximum temperature ranged from 32.0 to 35.1 °C and the minimum temperature ranged from 24.0 to 27.0°C.
- Inter-culturing operations are advised in the pigeon pea, turmeric, yam bean and vegetable crops.
- Rice: Under low rainfall and moisture stress condition, weed growth becomes rampant in the rice fields. Farmers are advised to take care of weed control in the transplanted rice crop.
- Cauliflower: Weeding is advised as per need. Application of urea@50 kg per hectare is advised after weeding.
- Contingency crops: In view of poor rainfall situation, farmers are advised to sow maize, pigeon pea, sunflower, urd, arhar, castor and vegetable crops in the upland areas in place of rice.
- Radish and pointed gourd: Weather is congenial for sowing of radish. Pusa Chetki, Pusa Himani, Pusa Rashmi, Japani Saphed are recommended varieties of radish. Use 4-5 kg seed rate per hectare. Rajendra Parwal-1, Rajendra parwal-2, FP1 and 3 are recommended varieties of pointed gourd for sowing at this time
- Foot & mouth Disease: Chances of foot and mouth disease in the cattle remain high during this time. If this disease is detected in the animals, washing of mouth of the animal with potash solution and foot with phenyl is advised. If vaccination has not been carried out, farmers are advised to do it immediately with the advice of the veterinary expert.
(Source:Email: email@example.com, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 23-08-2016 05:35 PM
Weather Based Agro Advisory 2014