Details of action taken by KVKs in Zone V to help the farmers in monsoon preparedness and contingency crop planning
Crop Advisories for Kharif-2014: State-wise Contingency Plan/Measures
Horticultural Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Livestock Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Advisories for Fisheries for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Farm Mechanization: Dos and Don'ts for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Significant weather observations
- Thunderstorm has been observed at isolated places over Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, East Uttar Pradesh and Assam during past 24 hours.
Main Weather Observations
- Rain/snow has occurred at many places over Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand and at a few places over Jammu & Kashmir. Rain/thundershower has occurred at many places East Uttar Pradesh, Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and Assam &Meghalaya ; at few places over Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura and at isolated places over Bihar, Tamilnadu, Kerala and Lakshadweep.
- The amounts of rainfall (in cm) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today are: Pasighat and Haflong-3 each; Kalpa, Lucknow, Balurghat, Guwahati and Dibrugarh-2 each; Pahalgaon, Manali, Gorakhpur, Gangtok, Kalimpong, Dhubri and Majbat-1 each.
- Minimum temperatures are above normal by 2-4°C at most places over East Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal & Sikkim, Jharkhand, Bihar and northeastern states; at many places over Odisha and Tamilnadu and at a few East Madhya Pradesh and South Interior Karnataka. They are below normal by 2-4°C at many places over West Rajasthan and at a few places over Haryana, West Madhya Pradesh, South Interior Karnataka, Konkan & Goa and Coastal Andra Pradesh and near normal over rest of the country.
- Kalpana-1: Cloud imagery of 0830 hours IST shows convective clouds over some parts of Jammu & Kashmir and east Arunachal Pradesh. Low/medium clouds are seen over parts of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, south peninsular India and rest parts of northeastern states.
Weather Forecast for next 3 days (upto 0830 hours IST of 2nd March, 2015)
- No significant change in minimum and maximum temperatures over northwest, west and central India during next 48 hours.
- Latest available satellite picture (Fig.1) indicates the current cloud condition across Indian region.
- The climate outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 27th February to 7th March 2015 (Fig.2). Rain/thundershowers would occur western Himalayan region, northwest, central, peninsular India and northeastern states.
Weather Outlook for subsequent 4 days from 2nd March to 6th March 2015
- Widespread precipitation with isolated heavy rain / snow would continue over western Himalayan region on2nd March and decrease thereafter.
- Scattered rain / thunderstorm activity would occur over plains of northwest, central and adjoining east India on 2nd & 3rd March.
- Isolated rain/thunderstorm would also occur over peninsular India and northeastern states.
- Dry weather prevailed in Kerala state during past few days. The maximum temperature ranged from 33.6 to 35.7°C and minimum temperature ranged from 20.3 to 23.7°C. Agricultural operations like irrigation in all the crops, propping of banana and mulching in nutmeg, arecanut and coconut plants are in progress. Moderate intensity of sigatoka in banana, powdery mildew in vegetables, stem bleeding in coconut, button shedding in arecanut, fungal disease in rubber and blight in rice crop was noticed.
- Dry weather prevailed in Madhya Pradesh state during past few days.Maximum temperature decreased 2.0 to 3.0°C from the normal and minimum temperature decreased 1.0 to 2.0°C from the normal. Agricultural operations like application of urea in late sown wheat crops and irrigate the fields, harvesting of pea crops and digging of matured potato crops are in progress. No pests and diseases were noticed.
- Dry weather prevailed in Northern Karnataka region of Karnataka state during past few days. Minimum temperature is around 34.0°C and minimum temperature is around 15.5°C. Agricultural operations like harvesting of chickpea, safflower, sunflower, onion and sorghum crops are in progress. Moderate intensity of bacterial blight in pomegranate and canker in citrus crops was noticed.
(Source:Email: email@example.com, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 27-02-2015 05:55 PM