Details of action taken by KVKs in Zone V to help the farmers in monsoon preparedness and contingency crop planning
Crop Advisories for Kharif-2014: State-wise Contingency Plan/Measures
Horticultural Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Livestock Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Advisories for Fisheries for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Farm Mechanization: Dos and Don'ts for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Significant weather observations
- Dense/very dense fog has been observed at a few places over West Madhya Pradesh and at isolated places over north Rajasthan and West Uttar Pradesh. The visibility (50 m or less) has been recorded at 0830 hours IST of today are: Bhopal, Indore, Ganganagar, Dhar, Ujjain and Shajapur.
- Cold wave conditions are prevailing at isolated places over Odisha.
Main Weather Observations
- Rain / snowfall have occurred at most places over Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Rain / thundershowers have occurred at most places over Uttar Pradesh; at many places over Haryana; at a few places over Punjab, East Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh; at isolated places over West Rajasthan, Vidarbha and Tamilnadu & Puducherry. Weather remained dry over the remaining parts of the country.
- The amounts of rainfall (1 cm or more) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today are: Una-4;Dharmshala & Ambala-3each; Manali, Sundernagar, Shimla, Solan, Chandigarh, Bundi and Bareilly-2each and Quazigund, Baderwah, Bhuntar, Kalpa, Nahan, Pantnagar, Mukteshwar, Gwalior, Jhansi, Sheopur, Narsinghpur, Banda, Aligarh, Moradabad and Delhi (Palam)-1each.
- Minimum temperatures are below normal by 2-5°C at many places over Odisha; at a few places over Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Gangetic West Bengal, Coastal Andhra Pradesh and South Interior Karnataka; at isolated places over West Uttar Pradesh, Telangana and North Interior Karnataka. They are above normal by 6-8°C at isolated places over Haryana, north Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh; by 2-5°C at most places over Punjab; at many places over rest Rajasthan and rest Madhya Pradesh; at a few places over Tamilnadu, Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, East Uttar Pradesh, rest Haryana, Gujarat and Maharashtra; at isolated places over Rayalaseema, Assam & Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura, Bihar and Chhattisgarh and nearly normal over rest of the country.
- The lowest minimum temperature of 4.4°C has been recorded at Shahjahanpur (Uttar Pradesh) in plains of the country.
- Kalpana 1: Cloud imagery of 0530 hours IST shows convective clouds over some parts of Western Himalayan region, south Andaman Sea and southwest Bay of Bengal. Low/medium clouds are seen over the country outside Jharkhand and Odisha.
Weather Forecast for next 3 days (upto 0830 hours IST of 26thJanuary, 2015)
- Fog would occur at a few places over Punjab, Haryana & Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, north Rajasthan, West Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Sub Himalayan West Bengal & Sikkim, Assam & Meghalaya and Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura.
- Fall in night temperatures by 2-4°C over plains of northwest India during next 48 hours.
- Latest available satellite picture (Fig.1) indicates the current cloud condition across Indian region.
- The climate outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 23rd to 31st January 2015 (Fig.2). Rain/snowfall would occur over western Himalayan region, central India, plains of northwest and east India.
Weather Outlook for subsequent 4 days from 26th to 30th January 2015
- Rain/snowfall would occur at isolated places over western Himalayan region.
- Rain/ thundershowers would occur at a few places over central India and at isolated places over plains of northwest and east India.
- Weather would be dry over rest of the country.
- Dry weather prevailed in Kerala state during past few days. The maximum temperature ranged from 31.8 to 32.7°C and minimum temperature ranged from 20.6 to 22.7°C. Agricultural operations like ploughing started in punja field, irrigation and mulching in coconut, banana and arecanut plants are in progress. Moderate intensity of sigatoka in banana, powdery mildew in vegetables, rhinoceros beetle & stem bleeding in coconut, button shedding in arecanut, fungal disease in rubber, bacterial leaf blight in rice crop was noticed.
- Cool and dry weather observed in the Rajasthan state during past few days. The maximum temperature was ranges from 21.6 to 25.4°C with mean value of 22.8°C which was below normal by 0.8°C and minimum temperature was ranged from 4.6 to 9.6°C with mean value of 6.9°C which was above normal by 1.7°C. Agricultural operations like irrigation, top dressing of urea, herbicide application in wheat, irrigation in rabi crops are in progress. No pests and diseases were noticed.
- Dry weather prevailed in Gujarat state during past few days. The actual average maximum temperature is lower in tune of 1.7°C and minimum temperature is above normal by 0.3°C as compared to their normal. Agricultural operations like light irrigation in wheat, mustard and potato, regularly remove suckers in tobacco, topping in tobacco if 19 to 21 living leaves are in progress. No pests and diseases were noticed.
(Source:Email: email@example.com, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 23-01-2015 05:05 PM