Details of action taken by KVKs in Zone V to help the farmers in monsoon preparedness and contingency crop planning
Crop Advisories for Kharif-2014: State-wise Contingency Plan/Measures
Horticultural Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Livestock Advisories for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Advisories for Fisheries for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
Farm Mechanization: Dos and Don'ts for Rain Deficient or Delayed Monsoons-2014
- Thunderstorm has been observed at isolated places over Kerala and Tamilnadu during past 24 hours
Main Weather Observations
- Rain/thundershowers has occurred at most places over Tamilnadu; at many places over Lakshadweep; at a few places over Coastal Andhra Pradesh, South interior Karnataka, Kerala and at isolated places over Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram & Tripura, Madhya Maharashtra, North interior Karnataka and coastal Karnataka. Weather remained dry over rest parts of the country.
- The amounts of rainfall ( 1 cm or more) recorded at 0830 hours IST of today are: Tuticorin-9; Coonoor-7; Kodaikanal& Minicoy-6 each; Agathi-5; Nandigama-4; Puducherry, Thiruvananthapuram & Palayankottai-3 each; Rentachintala, Udhagamandalam & Tondi-2 each and Aminidevi, Cuddalore, K.Paramathy & Pamban-1each.
- Minimum temperatures are above normal by 2-3°C at many places over Uttarakhand and South Interior Karnataka; at a few places over Jammu & Kashmir, Rajasthan & Madhya Maharashtra and at isolated places over Punjab, Haryana & Delhi, west Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat region. They are below normal by 2-3°C at many places over Gangetic West Bengal and Chhattisgarh; at a few places over Bihar, Assam & Meghalaya, Odisha and east Madhya Pradesh and near normal over rest of the country.
- Kalpana-1: Cloud imagery of 0830 hours IST shows convective clouds over some parts of east central & south Bay of Bengal, south Andaman Sea, Comorin area and central & south Arabian Sea. Low/medium clouds are seen over Uttarakhand, Assam & Meghalaya, Odisha, Marathawada, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamilnadu and Kerala.
Weather Forecast for next 3 days (upto 0830 hours IST of 25th October, 2014)
- Latest available satellite picture (Fig.1) indicates the current cloud condition across Indian region.
- The climate outlook for the period of seven days i.e. 22nd to 30th October 2014 (Fig.2). Rain/thundershowers would occur at many places over Tamilnadu, Kerala and Lakshadweep.
Weather Warning during next 3 days
- 22 October (Day 1): Heavy rainfall would occur at isolated places over Tamilnadu, Kerala and Lakshadweep.
- 23 October (Day 2): No weather warning.
- 24 October (Day 3): No weather warning
- Light rainfall received in Odisha state during past few days. The mean maximum daily temperature was 30.9°C and mean minimum daily temperature was 24.9°C. Agricultural operations like plant protection of late rice, harvesting of kharif green gram, early planted groundnut, maize, plant protection in arhar, maize, sesame, groundnut, sugarcane, zinger and turmeric. Inter cultural operation and plant protection in fruit crops like mango, pine apple, guava, banana, lemon and other fruit seedlings. Land preparation for sowing of rabi crops, intercultural operation of ornamental plants like chrysanthemum, jasmine and marigold are in progress. Low intensity of stem borer, swarming caterpillar and blast in rice, tikka, leaf spot in groundnut and epilachna beetle, fruit rot, shoot borer & wilt in brinjal crops was noticed.
- Light rainfall received in Chhattisgarh state during past few days. Agricultural operations like harvesting of early rice, application of third dose of nitrogen fertilizers in rice, sowing of toria, horse, castor & gram is in Bastar and Surguja divisions, intercultural operations in vegetables, plant protection measures as per need basis in rice, groundnut, harvesting of soybean (js-335 variety), moong, urad going on. Digging/ harvesting of groundnut and sowing and preparation of nursery for leaf vegetables & other vegetables are in progress. Low intensity of shoot & fruit borer, thrips, jassids, leaf mine and yellow vein mosaic in brinjal, okra crops was noticed.
- Light rainfall received in Assam state during past few days. The daily average maximum temperature was 31.6°C which is 1.2°C above normal and the average daily minimum temperature was 22.3°C which is 0.8°C above normal. Agricultural operations like intercultural operations, applying N fertilizers and spraying of pesticides in rice, and intercultural operations as well as harvesting of vegetables like brinjal, tomato, okra, bitter gourd and cucumber crops are in progress. Low intensity of gundhi bug in sali rice was noticed.
(Source:Email: email@example.com, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 22-10-2014 06:30 PM