Light rainfall received in Gujrat state during past few days. The maximum temperature is 0.6°C higher than the normal temperature and minimum temperature is 0.4°C higher than the normal temperature.
- Kharif Crops: sowing/ Germination: Spodoptera litura:-Spray chlorpyrifos 20 EC 25 ml in 10 lit. of water in afternoon Carry out Interculturing in all kharif crops . Kharif Groundnut: germination/growth: White grub - Apply Neem based spray 20 ml (1EC) to 40 ml (0.15 EC).Interculturing and hand weeding operations should be carried out in early sown crop. If needed, gap filling should be done in timely sown crop.
- Cotton: Mealy bug: Apply 500 gm of Neem arc or 50 ml neem oil or neem based spray 20 ml to 40 ml in 10 lit of water.
- Paddy: Stem borer: First and second week of July is the best time for paddy transplanting -Apply quinalphos 25 EC 20 ml in 10 lit of water.
- Green gram: Farmers are advised for timely sowing of improved Apply basal dose of nitrogen @ 20kg/ha and phosphorus @40 kg/ha in furrows before sowing.
- Vegetable (Kharif): seedling/Growth: Cloudy weather condition is favourable for outbreak of sucking pest. To control them spray dimethoate (40%) or methyl-o-demonate (25%) @ 10 ml in 10 lit. of water.
- Livestock: Clean animal byres and spray neon insecticide 1 to 1.5ml per lit. of water for control ecto parasites in animal house. Due to chances of rainfall keep animals indoors during rainfall. Vaccinate animals against FMD and BQ to avoid disease outbreak during ensuing monsoon season. Provide 6-8 kg good quality dry roughage with 15-20 kg green fodder to the animals. Keep fodder in safe place to avoid spoilage due to rainfall. Keep animal shed hygienic and clean to avoid flies and mosquitoes.
(Source:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, CRIDA, Hyderabad )
Updated on 18-07-2016 05:35 PM
Weather Based Agro Advisory 2014