9th December 2017, Goa
Shri Radha Mohan Singh, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, visited ICAR-Central Coastal Agricultural Research Institute, Goa today and discussed ongoing research activities and technologies development at the institute. The Minister expressed that the technologies of ICAR-CCARI will help Goa state for the development of agriculture.
- Distinct Agro-Meteorological Unit established in Goa ICAR-KVK
- Two salt tolerant varieties of rice released namely Goa Dhan-1 and Goa Dhan-2
- 3 cashew varieties namely Goa Cashew – 2, 3 and 4 were released.
- Unique Rust-resistant red Amaranthus variety, Goa Tambadi Bhaji 1 released
- Mankurad Mango selection registered
- Agonda Goan, a local pig breed is registered with NBAGR
- First ever decision support system launched for soil-test based fertiliser recommendations
- Organised 570 on-farm trails and demonstration of new agricultural technologies
- Produced and distributed 200 quintals of quality seeds and over 35000 quality planting materials to farmers
- Developed integrated farming system models for North and South Goa
- Documentation, conservation and registration of indigenous cattle breed – Shwetakapila.
- 5276 farmers and extension personnel trained
- Artificial fish habitats were evaluated in estuarine systems of Goa
- Developed low cost aquaculture systems for coastal regions of Goa
(Source: ICAR-Central Coastal Agricultural Research Institute, Ela, Old Goa, Goa)