The erstwhile Planning, Monitoring and Coordination Section was renamed as Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) Section on June 27, 2007 and again renamed as Prioritization, Monitoring and Evaluation Section w.e.f. 1.12.2010. The PME Section reviews, scrutinizes the research project proposals and coordinates activities within and outside the Institute. This section serves as linkage between the Institute and Council (ICAR), Government and Private Organizations. It provides information on various research, training and extension activities of the Institute to the Council, Government and Non-Government organizations. The mandated activities of this section are:
- Prioritization/planning, monitoring and review of the research programmes /proposals including maintenance of RPFs, preparation of various reports and related documents.
- Central hub for coordinating and providing information on various research, training and extension activities of the institute to various government, semi - government, public and private agencies, besides serving as coordinating link between the Institute and the Council.
- Regular submission of reports, namely, Quarterly Performance Review, Scientists Half Yearly Report and Monthly Cabinet Reports to the Council.
- Reply to parliament questions
- Disposal of RTI requests as PIO (Scientific Matters) and filing of quarterly, half yearly and annual information reports to the Council.
- Preparation of ATRs on recommendations/proceedings of Directors’ Conferences, SMD and Regional Committee Meetings, etc..
- Maintenance of RPFs and publications records, etc..
- IRC meeting conducted during May 30-31, 2011, proceedings submitted to the Council.
- Prepared and published CARI Perspective Plan – Vision 2030 document.
- Institute’s Citizen/Clients’ Charter prepared and adopted.
- Compilation of Institute’s salient achievements and agenda for IMC meetings. Also attended IMC meetings as special invitee.
- Compilation of Institute research highlights for DARE-ICAR Annual Report 2011-12.
- Construction of Farm Roads, and Sewerage System completed at the CARI new site.
- Process for finalizing the designs and preparation of estimates for Adm-Cum-Lab building, Experimental Farm Units (Quails, Turkey, Guinea fowl, Desi fowl, layers and broilers), etc. completed.
- XII Plan EFC document formulation initiated (2 drafts submitted to the Council).
||Dr. Sandeep Saran
||Head & Principal Scientist